I've Got A Crush On You ! Jimmy McNichol




As that great band of the 80's The Jets sang '' You've found out I've Got Crush on You '' I wonder do Tv film crushes ever leave your memory ? I can remember quite a few , well no surprises there really . Jimmy McNichol , yes looking back Jimmy was the Cody 'Saturday Night Fever' Linely of his day . I stumbled upon Jimmy in my youth one afternoon on Television was it midweek when i was home off school sick .. maybe ...The film was Champions - subtitled .. sniff a Love story in which Jimmy Starred as Peter Scoggin III an ice skater who partnered another high school who i think was the more experienced one .

I also recall that Jimmy was a star of the high team sports team and was reluctant to dance ( Shades of High School Musical expect Zac of course wanted to dance and sing but hid his light under a bushel so speak ) Anyway Jimmy quickly took to the ice and his seventies pant suit , but for me I was more interested in his baggy grey track suit which although he was vest less he sadly never took his trackie top off . Later Rob Lowe in Young Blood came to my fantasy rescue when his team mates, post game whipped his towel off and left Rob in his jock, front and centre and locked out of his dressing room .


As Jimmy skated his heart out , twirling around the Ice , his brown bouncy centre parted hair , perfectly in sync with his graceful swan like movements . After each phenomenal win the couple would hold hands and yell ''Scoggin Harlich forever ! ''. I should have known it was two good to be true , Jimmy bordered the plane after finally kissing his partner and thawing her out . The plane took off and crashed . I was quite upset by this , no more Jimmy ; it could have been a series and I would have dutifully watched it in between waiting for Scot Bio and his amazing cupped T shirt as Chachi on Happy Days .