Blog Archive

X Appeal ! Its Xavier !

Bite Me !

One of the many delights in the Twilight Saga is its ongoing opportunity for casting eye candy and I was interested to see that the role of of Riley vamp will be played by Xavier Samuel. At first I was totally confused and thought was it Xavier from top Australian drama 'Home and Away' who got the part . Until I released that Xavier was the name of the character that actor David Jones Roberts plays on the show .Oh dear .

Xavier dances up a storm in Home and Away

'Hey your such a pretty boi '

Not to be put off I found out I'd seen the real Xavier in a really good drama about a group of surfers , their family and friends called 'Newcastle' . Xavier played Fergus the younger brother of Jeese played by the gorgeous Lachlan Buchanan .Fergus I guess you could call an 'emo surfer'and Xavier does play him very well . Fergus crushes on surfer Andy played by Kirk Jenkins. So If you enjoy seeing beautiful filmed tanned ripped and toned surfer's , loose their clothes , jerking off and enjoy a rather good drama to boot then do catch Newcastle .


The Boiz from Newcastle



Watch out for that Swell !



Then I realised Id caught Xavier also in 'September' a great short directed by Peter Carstairs . Xavair played Ed who loves to box , so he and fellow boxer Paddy played by Clarence John Ryan from Lockie Leonard , build a ring together . However their boxing slice of heaven doesn't last when Eds attention is captured by a new girl Amelia played by Mia Wasikowska and then the growing rise of the Aboriginal rights movement comes into play when Paddy father who works on Eds fathers farm asks for his wages to increased .What I enjoyed about the film that it doesn't knock you over the head with the issues that its addressing through the story . Rather it makes you aware of them by their impact on the characters .





Boxing Partners



If you build it , (s)he will come

And she did and ruined the boxing Boys time together

So I'm really looking forward to seeing Xavier in Eclipse as I always have a had a soft spot for vampires . I blame Bela Lugosi and Steven Kings 'Salem's Lot' .( that shot of Lance kerwins friend levitating and tapping on the window still spooks me even now) Poppy Z Brite , 'True Blood' and my favorite film of last year 'Let the Right One In '.

I couldn't help though notice that Xavier does a have a touch of the Mathew Werkmeisters about him , must be the hair !