Blog Archive

I've got a crush on you! Switch into Turbo! , its Blake Foster !


Yes as that great band the Jets sang '' You've found at that I've got a crush on You ''. Well that should read 'had a crush on you' but hey . Blake was in many ways the Taylor 'Evel knievel' Lautner of his day , no oddly he didn't have a have an admiration for method actors , but he did have like Taylor, a love and talent for martial arts and became the three time State Champion of California .

But the similarities don't end there ,Blake also had a talent for loosing his shirt at any given opportunity . Blake though got a lot of fan boys in a frenzy when he took on the role of the Blue Ranger in the epic 'Power Rangers Turbo' . Blake along with the rest of the rangers would shout its '' Morphing time !'' and then ''Mountain blaster! turbo power''. Not that I was a fan or anything . Battle cry over Pint sized Blake would then morph into a teen fighting machine .

Blake was known to his admiring fans as 'The Blakester !' .Like Taylor he dabbled in music , but unlike Taylor but like Lil Nick aka Chris Egan he released the results . Much more interesting to me was why the Blakester had 2 pierced ears which I thought was quiet radical as the only other person I knew with two pireced ears back then was my art teacher . Nervously I posted on his official fan forum and shrine '' Hey Blakester I was wondering why do you have both ears pierced ?''

The Blue Ranger posted back '' Oh I think it looks cool that way , I have to take them out when I do stunts ! ..Blakester Out '' Which is how he signed off . Buzzing from his reply I posted another question . Hey Blakester when you mooned the bully in your movie was that your butt or was it a stunt butt ? '' Oh no it was my butt , I'm always mooning people !'' I then wondered what was his most embarrassing moment on a set . Well I thought If Tiger Beat was never going to interview him I might as well . '' Oh when I worked on Power ranger I did a forward somersault and my pants came flying off and I was left in my boxers , the crew just cracked up '' Soon I'd run out of questions , well I couldn't think of anymore to be honest , but I always thought it was sweet that he'd reply to his fans .


The Blakester is The Ninja Warrior !


Blake posing in a local park , shirtless for a change .


Getting ready to go shirtless for a change



Dressed To Impress as Blake goes Elvis

Blake models for the Gap



Agile and Acrobatic , what more could you want from a teen idol ?

Blake like so often happens when teen actors get older , didn't work for a while . I think I read he was at film school somewhere , now hes back though making movies again and is in the movie 'Drifter TKD'. I wonder if he still keeps those ears pierced ?