Blog Archive

Just a Kiss...The United States of Tara

Yes in the United States of Tara , a show which I have grown to like , it wasn't instant TV love like Ugly Betty , Desperate Housewives or the splifftastic Weeds rather its a show I'll watch and keep up with like the CW's 'Reaper ' I've also really got to like Brie Larson's portrayal of Tara's daughter Kate , I think she pretty much nails it and shes up there with to me the much underrated April Matson in Kyle XY ( I'd snap her up for the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street too ). Of course I also watch it to see if Marshall played by Keir Gilchrist gets his man the hunky born again Jason played by Andrew Lawrence .

When I last watched the show the pair were withering around the floor together shirtless as part of a 'Hell House' oh my sweet lord ! . Now having had a few drinks and done a bit of flexing before hand Marshall was ready to make his move . What a lovely kiss it was and it was returned too .


Not as big as Taylors yet

When you Young and In Love


Jason returns the Kiss

Many many moons ago I watched Biker Grove a children's series set in a Newcastle youth club , it featured at the time quite a groundbreaking storyline in which Noddy played by Brett Adams had a crush on Gary , they worked out together and finally in the twilight of a cinema auditorium Noddy could hold back no more and gave Gary a kiss on the cheek . Gary was full of rage and stormed off . Later I learnt that the story and many other episodes of the grove were scripted by Russel T Davis who of course went on to write Queer As Folk and of course relaunched in quite spectacular style Dr Who .

At the time Biker Groves 'kiss' caused all manner of headlines in the newspapers , Imagine if Gary had returned the kiss , The Daily Mail would still be reporting it to this day .Thanks though to the miracle of You Tube , Noddy's kiss lives on .

Brett who played Noddy went on to form pop band 'Point Break' named after Brett's love of the film of the same name . What I remember most about Point Break is , Brett's propensity of wearing capped T shirts which showed off his long arms , not that I had a crush on him or anything .