Blog Archive

What A Feeling ! Its Death In Venice!

I must say that I was surprised that the Disney Studios musical re - imagining of the Visconti classic ''Death in Venice'' entitled '' Death in The Hampton's '' to be directed by Kenny Ortega of High School Musical fame and starring George Clooney as Gustav von Aschenbach and our favourite canyon runner Austin Bulter who beat model Simon Nessum for the role of Tadzio. Did not receive more coverage when it was announced at Cannes this week . Ortega is rumoured to be intent on recreating the musical numbers based on a recent production of the Opera which debuted in Hamburg last month and delighted Opera lovers everywhere . So lets look at some photographs from the recent Hamburg production to find out why this version so enraptured Kenny and Disney .


Gabriele Frola Is a tantalising Tadzio

Adonis in Venice ?

Well is it any wonder Von Aschenbach collapsed after looking at this vision



Out for the count

'' I can't look , but his beautiful buns are intoxicating ''


Tadzio reads what Gustav has written about him and '' its all good ''
and so he begins the 'Dance of the Cherubs' !


''First, when there's nothing but a slow glowing dream
That your fear seems to hide deep inside your mind
All alone I have cried silent tears full of pride
In a world made of steel, made of stone''


''Well I hear the music, close my eyes, feel the rhythm
Wrap around, take a hold of my heart ''


''What a feeling! , bein's believin !'
I can't have it all, now I'm dancin' for my life ''


''Take your passion, and make it happen
Pictures come alive, you can dance right through your life''



''Now I hear the music, close my eyes, I am rhythm
In a flash it takes hold of my heart ''


''Now I'm dancing through my life..What a feeling''




I can have it all (I can really have it all)
Have it all (Pictures come alive when I call)
(call, call, call, call, what a feeling) I can have it all
(Bein's believin') bein's believin'

I do have some concerns about this new re - imagining ...Can George Clooney sing ? Will Austin wear Boardies ? Just How will Irene Cara's classic Flashdance work as a duet between Von Aschenbach and Tadzio and finally will Matty P be involved ?