Blog Archive

Stay Gold , its Pony Boy !


Pony Boy Tommy 

I have to say I'm a tad surprised that there are so many Pony Boy lovers out there . I can't quite recall what drew me to the 'Outsiders' I had seen 'Rumble Fish' , like any good trendy boy about town  because 'The Face magazine' told me too . But I'm pretty sure I caught 'The Outsides' much later on betamax , I loved the rich photography by Stephen H. Burum   and  that Pony Boy ran off with the Karate Kid and set up home together and of course were visited by Matt Dillon as Dallas .



Pony Boy and Sal MineoThe Karate Kid 







''You've just gotta keep your hair that shade of blond , say you will Pony , just say ''




A Tender moment between Soda and Pony 










Pony Boy Poet 

Why C Thomas Howell caught my eye over Tom Cruise and Rob Lowe (although I do have fond memories of Rob in one scene getting out of the shower )  I can't really say . Maybe it was the capped T shirt ala Chachi Scott Bio from Happy Days . I do know that for a while I watched so many ' bad films ' with Pony Boy in , from Secret Admirer  to Red Dawn , though I have to confess that   Pony Boy and I parted company around the time of Soul Man .


Happily Pony Boy continued  to act after Teen idol doom came and went , and I was thrilled to see that C Thomas  will be in the new Spider-man film . As they say though , 'Once a Dreamboat always a Dreamboat'




A Classic Pose for Tiger Beat 




'I'll be Loving You Forever '


Step by Step !

Back in the day Pony Boy thrilled fans when he became for a brief time the sixth member of 
'New Kids on the Block' who were of course,  the One Direction of their generation .


The Pretty Boy Years 




Lord have Mercy !
Pony Boy in Tiger Beats Dungeon