Dreamboats Castle of Horror



I would love to be on topic and have posted this last week on Halloween , but being such a slacker It didn't work out that way. Recently I caught 2 great films , with one I'd say greater than the other .The first is called Shiver (2008) and stars Junio Valverde who I remembered from another really spooky film The Devils Backbone( 2001) which was directed by Guillermo del Toro . Junio plays Santi a teenager severe photo sensitivity . Santi and his mother head off to a mountain village where all though the daylight hours are shorter , trouble lurks in the woods.

Junio as Santi in Shiver

Junio as his lovely self 



I loved Junio's performance and he does a great job of making you believe he's scared out of his witts . I have to say I enjoyed the first half of the film more as you don't really see whats in the woods which to me is far scarier . In some ways Shiver has a lot in common with The Orphanage ( 2007) in that both films feel they have to explain the nature of the terror and how it came to be born .


The next film I came across via the apple trailers , my first thought was oh looks spooky , I'll give it a go as I appear to be in a Vampire loving mood at the moment which I'm blaming on Alan Balls new show and well worth tuning into True Blood .

'Let The Right One In'(2008) is about Oskar who is a loner and bullied at school . Oscar's new neighbour Eli a girl and a loner too , for somewhat different reasons .The two become friends and Eli gives Oskar the confidence to stand up to his bullies . Of course the film is much more than that , beautifully shot and very evocative with such lovely music by Johan Söderqvist. 

Still intrigued by the film I did a spot of googling and found that it was based on a book by the writer of the screen play John Avjide. The movie itself has great reviews following festival showings . I was also surprised that the director Tomas Alfredson  has done mainly  black comedies .Of course an English remake is on its way , but I cant imagine how they will approach the material given the ambiguous nature of the story .Definitely one of my favourite films of this year .
 
From the trailer of '' Let The Right One In ''






Moving on from the Supernatural to the Supernatural . How I love Supernatural on the CW , I'm pretty sure that having such easy on the eye leads has a lot to do with it and pretty cool story lines to boot . ''Oh Jared can I compare the to a pine tree on a summers day .. tall tall and taller with amazing bangs and pecs'' . Yes its all ways been a hard choice that if I was in a deadly
dilemma if Jared arrived to save me , I'd have no complaints ( mind you if Action Alex saved me that would do nicely as well )

I do fear this season Jared may truly crossover into a dark demon ( we are told by that writers Jared has demon blood pumping through his veins ) And not even long serving TV hunk Jansen can save him , we shall see . Jared , I found on reading a book about abandoned  Superman films auditioned for the role of Superman when Brett Ranter was attached Brett though had set his sights and I don't blame him , on Josh Harnett who turned down the role . I'd love too see Jared in that role now or Super Tom Welling ! see how easy I am .

Jared is so  strong , he can support the Dreamboats castle walls during a recent visit . 



Shirt by Timberland

 Superman in waiting ?