I need A Hero .



Great Cover !

This time its not me on the lookout , rather its Showtime who are developing a show based on the very successful novel Hero by Perry Moore . Hero is about Thom Creed a 17 year old High School basket ball star , who has a distant relationship with his father Hal . Hal Creed had once been one of the greatest and most beloved superheroes of The League-until the Wilson Towers incident.

Thom has a special power of his own he can heal people and is gay , both of which he keeps secret from  his father .Thom's ability to control his powers improves and he catches the attention of The League themselves . Amongst the League is 'Golden Boy' who has super speed and is a bit cocky . Sounds pretty cool , I remember hearing about this maybe last summer at Comic Con , but it sort of went in one in and out the other . I also have been aware of the book for ages as the cover kept catching my eye , but never got round to reading it . 

So after browsing the fall TV Guide on AfterElton  I came across a post about Hero and that they were interested in casting suggestions . Of course I couldn't stop my self and wheeled out the legendary 'Dreamboats Casting Couch' and put forward a few suggestions here they are .

For Thom,  the 17 year old basket ball star I thought of Adam Gregory.....





Or maybe Logan Lerman who's a great young actor .


Or Dreamboats Favourite Superhero 'Kick Buns' himself the 'Amazing Aaron '


Heal me Aaron !

Or last but by know means least , Giant Nick himself !





Now What Some Golden Boys To play Golden Boy


 Muse Mitch

Or Maybe Action Alex ?

a new position for Alex ?
or how about Mileys man Lucas Till ?

And bringing up the rear ...Holy Spring Awakening! its Hunkster Parrish !

Sigh, the worlds a Stage for Hunter 

'Once I had a Secret Love ..'

Buff enough to be Golden ?



How nice then to get a reply from Perry himself whose involved in casting , thanking me for my suggestions and did I have any picture links to any of the actors ? Alex  Pettyfer though Perry remembered as having read for Narnia and thought was ' Fantastic 'but was to young for Peter and a bit too old for  Edmund . (I hadn't in my usual state of bliss full ignorance connected that Perry is one of the Producers of the Narnia series .)Perry asked me could Alex do an American Accent ? sadly I don't know but I'm sure he would give it a go . What a nice guy to reply and I guess I'd better read his book now .