Blog Archive

Joe's not safe in Heaven !


Joe - One Night in Heaven !


I was reading the other week when Joe who won last years X Factor played G.A.Y at Heaven recently  , fans got so caught up in the heat of the moment , they tried to grab Joe off the stage and later tired to rush Joe's private party area . It was then deemed that Joe was no longer safe in Heaven and had to taken out by his security by a back exit .

I've always had a soft spot for Joe and his voice really grew on me week after week . As is customary when you win the X-Factor you are sent into exile by Lord Cowell to work on your debut album and comeback to launch your new career victorious on the new season of the X-Factor . For some this launch can lead to untold riches and superstardom like Leona Lewis , for others Like Leon whose dulcet tones failed to set the charts alight find themselves down pops bargain bin and unceremoniously dropped from Lord Cowell's mighty synchro label . Others like  Shane Ward find themselves in a bizarre holding pattern until the Dark Lord deems its time for a ' relaunch ' .





















Shayne Relaunch is Go !                                                                                  Leon - Bargain Binned !






Joe's album does have some great moments , a fabulous cover of ' Superman ' dedicated of course to Tom Welling , Ambitions the single , whose B- side 'If You Love Me'  was about Joe seeing Harry from One Direction dancing to Joe's record in a club . Gasp as Joe sings 'I've seen your face when they put my record on ' and the hook ' If you love me , then you've got to let me know' . cue lots of bustin shapes and  podium dancing .



Reality Pop Cherub Harry Danced To Joe's record in a Club 

I'm also rather partial to ' Someone Wake Me Up ' in which Joe warns his lover 'Not to cross the line ' and forbids them to say  'Don't say I love you  coz that would drive me crazy '  imagine that  a crazy Joe . Joe's world apparently would be  turned upside down by this suitor , and full of the power of love , Joe  is even going to drive through a red light ! . Now if you don't know , Joe's image is that of the  lovable boy next image with a dazzling mega watt smile . so the idea of Joe driving his porsche down the high street and  busting red lights is a tad hard to imagine .


Its time to turm the heat up with the Sissors Sisterish 'Fahrenheit ' and Joe's back in the club. This time Joe knows ' Whats on your mind' and 'The temperature is climbing' and Joe's  'Just a breath away from paradise  ' Oh my sweet lord I need to lie down . But its not over yet , for  in ' Until The Stars Run Out ' Joe sings ' Fingerprints on on the weapon' and ' I've fallen for deception '' oh Harry how could you ?.

The more I listened to the album , as I'm a sucker for this kind of production , I thought Joe does sound uncannily like Glee's Chris Colfers who can also hit the high notes , I'd love to  hear them duet together.Actually the whole album would be a great soundtrack for  Kurt's love life on glee .